[News] GPL-Licensed RIA Framework is Already Here

Sun Executive Reveals More Open-source Plans for JavaFX

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun's corporate image is grounded in its embrace of open-source software and
| some components of JavaFX, including the JavaFX compiler and elements of
| graphic libraries, are now available under the GPLv2 open-source license,
| according to the official JavaFX FAQ.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/155971/sun_executive_reveals_more_opensource_plans_for_javafx.html

A Word on Linux and Solaris Support

http://blogs.sun.com/javafx/entry/a_word_on_linux_and

Recent:

JavaFX SDK preview release imminent

,----[ Quote ]
| Also, Sun's experience with open-source development may prove to be an asset,
| he argued on his blog: "The quicker Sun can go open fully open source with
| their JavaFX stack -- start developing it in the open, letting people use
| nightly builds, and even collaborating in the open, the better positioned
| they'll be to make up for any lateness."
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=255420556&rid=-50

Linux will save JavaFX!

,----[ Quote ]
| I was drawn to a JavaLobby post entitled JavaFX's Killer Feature, because I
| have long wondered what, exactly JavaFX's killer feature could possibly be.
| Well, brace yourself: JavaFX will succeed where others fail because it runs
| on Linux, whereas Adobe is notorious for letting its Linux Flash port (upon
| which Air runs) lag behind.
`----

http://www.javaworld.com/community/?q=node/945

JavaFX as Rich Internet Application Platform

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/jonathan/entry/rocking_the_free_world