[News] New Release of Sage, Can Replace Non-Free Bloatware

Mathematics Software SAGE Version 3.2.1 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| SAGE provides both alternatives, as well as interfaces to closed source and
| costly math packages like Mathematica and MATLAB. The big plus of SAGE is
| that you can employ the common easy-to-use programming language Python as
| scripting language, and you can therefore easily combine advanced math
| applications with other programming tasks.
`----

http://linux.about.com/b/2008/12/24/mathematics-software-sage-version-29-released.htm

Recent:

Sage 3.0.2 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| To conclude, I'd say that this software is suited to meet numerous needs, and
| not just those related to math and school. It may very well be used, for
| instance, to satisfy one's curiosity regarding a particular aspect, or it
| could be a great help for graphical developers who need a quick look at a
| certain function's 3D plot.
`----

http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/linux/Sage-3-0-2-Review-Review-93004.shtml

PCLinuxOS Repositories now include SAGE Math

,----[ Quote ]
| While SAGE Math is intended for Mathematical, Scientific, and Engineering
| use, I applaud PCLinuxOS for including this important open source software in
| its repositories.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/23678

Sage: Insights into open source technology

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://thedaily.washington.edu/2008/1/14/sage-insights-open-source-technology/