[News] Palm Nets Massive $0.1 Billion Cash Infusion for Linux Direction

Palm Gets $100 Million Cash Infusion

,----[ Quote ]
| Palm will reportedly introduce new smartphones and a new Linux-based
| operating system for mobile devices, code-named Nova, next year.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/155932/palm_gets_100_million_cash_infusion.html?tk=rss_news

Recent:

Palm CEO: Linux smartphone to ship in H1 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| Palm plans to ship a consumer-oriented smartphone -- based on its upcoming
| Nova OS -- in the first half of next year, while continuing to focus its
| Windows Mobile-based Treo on the enterprise, Palm's CEO said today.
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/Palm_CEO_Linux_smartphone_to_ship_in_H1_2009/1229642118

Palm going Nova next month

,----[ Quote ]
| Nova - the new Linux-based OS developed by Palm and offering backwards
| compatibility with thousands of Palm apps - has been announced before, and
| we've even reported that it would be launched on devices during 2009. But now
| BusinessWeek is reporting that we'll see multiple devices running the new OS
| at CES, which runs January 8th to 11th.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/16/palm_nova/

Palm hoping to strike it rich with Nova

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/40577/145/

Palm Codenames Linux-Based Palm OS II Nova

,----[ Quote ]
| Now comes word from Palm Infocenter that the PDA pioneer not only has yet
| another, third, smartphone in the works, but that that device is being used
| to test its long-delayed Linux-based follow up to the Palm OS, which now has
| an internal codename of its own.
`----

http://www.smartphonetoday.com/articles/2008/1/2008-1-11-Palm-Codenames-Linux.html

Related:

Run the Palm OS on your Nokia Internet Tablet

,----[ Quote ]
| The Garnet VM Beta for Nokia Nseries was created by ACCESS, who is the
| company that bought PalmSource. You can now run virtually all your favorite
| Palm OS applications on the Nokia Internet Tablets and I can’t wait to try
| out a few of my favorite apps.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=683

30,000 Palm apps coming to Nokia webpads

Palm Says Foleo 2 Still on Track

,----[ Quote ]
| Palm FoleoAccording to the Wireless Week industry trade journal, a new
| version of the cancelled Foleo Mobile Companion running on Palm's
| next-generation Linux OS is still very much in Palm’s future product plans...
`----

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8197/palm-says-foleo-2-still-on-track/

Palm shakes hands with Linux

,----[ Quote ]