[News] Linux Graphics Survey Results Are Released in Time for Christmas

2008 Linux Graphics Survey Results

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week our annual Linux Graphics Survey ended. There were over 14,000
| submissions this year to the eleven questions we asked pertaining to X.Org,
| Linux desktop usage, and graphics hardware. In this article are all of the
| results from this year's survey.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=lgs_2008_results&num=1

Christmas… Linux… Wallpapers…

,----[ Quote ]
| As it comes from the title below is a small set of Christmas holidays
| wallpapers which should fit any Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, Suse, Mandriva,
| Slackware, RedHat, Centos desktop…
`----

http://www.linuxscrew.com/2008/12/23/christmas%e2%80%a6-linux%e2%80%a6-wallpapers%e2%80%a6/

Recent:

5 Wallpaper Changer Apps For Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| In Linux, setting an image as the desktop wallpaper is not a difficult task,
| but getting it to change automatically at a certain interval is. While there
| are plenty of wallpaper-changing apps available for Windows, there are only a
| limited few for Linux.
|
| If you have a good collection of wallpapers and want to see them in action on
| your desktop, here are 5 wallpaper changers that you can use in your...
`----

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-wallpaper-changer-apps-for-linux/

Multiple Desktop Wallpapers in Ubuntu 8.10

,----[ Quote ]
| Basically, you obviously still have a background, but the icons will not
| appear there anymore. To view your desktop and icons you can always still use
| the Nautilus file browser and just navigate to your Desktop folder. You also
| lose the right click menu on the desktop, but the only time I ever use that
| is to change the background. After following these steps you won’t be
| changing your wallpaper that way anymore, but instead using the CompizConfig
| Settings Manager.
`----

http://kyleabaker.com/2008/10/25/multiple-desktop-wallpapers-in-ubuntu-810/

125+ Linux wallpapers

,----[ Quote ]
| 101 of the best Linux wallpapers I could find in the wild…
`----

http://elkosmas.gr/2008/09/25/125-linux-wallpapers/

15 Coolest GNU Wallpapers

,----[ Quote ]
| There are plenty of high-quality Linux wallpapers that you can get on the
| web, but not that much for the good-old GNU (GNU's Not Unix). So, I decided
| to take some time to find and collect a few of my favorite GNU wallpapers in
| existence.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/07/15-coolest-gnu-wallpapers.html

20 Coolest Linux Distro-themed Wallpapers

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/04/20-coolest-linux-distro-themed.html