[News] Review of Slackware 12.2

Revised Slackware keeps it simple

,----[ Quote ]
| For existing users, this point release brings lots of great updates to your
| favorite apps and the kernel. If you haven't upgraded yet, the slackpkg tool
| can assist you with that and help keep you updated.
|
| For new users, Slackware isn't as difficult as you might have heard, and
| there's no better time than now to try it. It offers similar hardware support
| and amenities as many other distributions. You may have to learn to do a few
| things from the command line from time to time, but you're liable to discover
| things can be much simpler that way.
|
| Slackware isn't for everyone. But in a landscape where distro and application
| developers are increasingly catering to new Windows converts, it's nice to
| have one who's sticking to his original goals. Slackware is still keeping it
| simple for Linux users who like using Linux.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/155967

Recent:

Slackware Approaches Stable 12.2 Release

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux Weekly News directs readers to a Slackware Linux list post detailing
| the package versions and included components for the upcoming Slackware 12.2
| release. The major components (such as X, and the kernel) are now frozen, and
| most of the remaining changes are smaller adjustments and documentation
| updates.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/slackware-approaches-stable-12-2-release

Related:

Slackware: Secure all the way back to 8.1

,----[ Quote ]
| Slackware provides security updates all the way back to version 8.1 along
| with 9.0, 9.1, 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, 11.0 and 12.0, so if there is a reason
| you're using an older version of Slack, it is still being supported by the
| distro's creator, Patrick Volkerding and his team.
`----

http://www.insidesocal.com/click/2007/09/slackware_secure_all_the_way_b.html

Slackware: There's something totally sane about it

,----[ Quote ]
| Did I mention that configuring CUPS printing for my difficult-to-dial-in
| networked printer was easier in Slackware than in anything else I've tried?
| I'm mentioning it now.
`----

http://www.insidesocal.com/click/2007/09/slackware_theres_something_tot.html

Slackware 12 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm big fan of Slackware Linux, I have used it since the 9.0 version, and
| I am very happy with this distribution...
`----

http://xlayn.blogspot.com/2007/07/slackware-12-review.html

Slackware 12.0 Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| Here are some of the advanced features of Slackware 12.0: runs the
| 2.6.21.5 version of the Linux kernel; system binaries are linked
| with the GNU C Library, version 2.5; X11 7.2.0...
`----

http://osdir.com/Article9865.phtml

Slackware 12.0 is released!

,----[ Quote ]
| That's right, the first 2.6(.21.5) based Slackware release is ready
| for download! We think you'll enjoy the latest kernel, KDE 3.5.7,
| XFce 4.4.1, HAL automounting for desktop users, an updated toolchain,
| and many other enhancements.
`----

http://www.slackware.com/index.php

Full Slackware 12.0 Review