Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Still Broadly Rejected

  this bit o' wisdom:

> ?Vista blows? says DirectX creator
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Alex St John, one of the three engineers who developed DirectX, says he now
>| wants to ?slap? Microsoft
> `----
>
> http://www.custompc.co.uk/news/602286/vista-blows-says-directx-creator.html

Many comments, here's one:

   I like vista its a good os. But my gaming performance sometimes does get
   me down. Stuttering, slowdowns and low fps. pc's shouldn't just be
   slightly better than consoles they should be downright thrashing them.
   How can those silly little boxes that cost about the same as a decent gpu
   even compete? but they do and sometimes even show the pc up.

And immediately following it:

   I like my Vista based PC much more than the outgoing XP box, but then
   again I should.... it's got much more capable hardware and so finally I
   can play a lot of games at smooth framerates. It's just frustrating to
   end up with something has the same old annoyances (with some nice
   additions granted), but with some new problems thrown on top. At
   the same time I can't say I'll be switching back to XP.

--
I took a fish head to the movies and I didn't have to pay.
		-- Fish Heads, Saturday Night Live, 1977.