[News] [Rival] Apple and Microsoft Mistreating Customers

iPhone Dev Spends $500k on Development, Still Not Approved by Apple

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple’s App Store is an interesting, exciting and frightening place all at
| the same time. iPhone application developer Chris Nikkel knows this first
| hand. His application “Newber” has spent nearly 75 days waiting for approval
| from Apple, and he has yet to hear a word.
`----

http://www.macblogz.com/2008/12/17/iphone-dev-spends-500k-on-development-still-not-approved-by-apple/

Microsoft rolls back some changes to Hotmail

,----[ Quote ]
| In late September, Microsoft began rolling out a new Windows Live Hotmail,
| drawing a fierce reaction among many users of the e-mail service.
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/157358.asp?from=blog_last3

They've ignored them for ages and rubbed off comments/complains, according to
some sources.

Recent:

Hotmail posts decline in traffic in U.S.

,----[ Quote ]
| Many Hotmail users are threatening to leave the e-mail service in the wake of
| its most recent redesign. Turns out, though, that even before the revamp,
| they were on their way out, at least in the U.S.
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/153992.asp?source=rss

Hotmail holdouts grumble about 'pathetic' new interface

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft isn’t having much luck with the redesign of Hotmail, which is
| currently playing havoc with thousands of user’s emails.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11/11/hotmail_interface_redesign_blunder/

Hotmail users bitch and moan about new interface

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11/07/hotmail_new_interface_complaints/