[News] GnuCash 2.2.8 Released; Chandler Tested on GNU/Linux

GnuCash, for Personal and Business Finance, Out in New Version

,----[ Quote ]
| These days, we're all watching our funds closely, and if you want a little
| help from the world of open source, GnuCash is out in a brand new version
| 2.2.8. This is one of the long-standing FOSS finance management applications,
| as useful for individuals as it is for small businesses who want to use it
| for accounting tasks and the like. Like QuickBooks and other proprietary
| products, it includes a checkbook-style register, follows generally accepted
| accounting principles, and produces particularly detailed reports. Here's
| what you'll find under the hood.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/gnucash-for-personal-and-business-finance-out-in-new-version

A Quick Look at Chandler

,----[ Quote ]
| Someone on the Seattle Linux List asked about Groupware and the usual
| suspects were suggested. One, however, I didn't know anything about. It is
| called Chandler. I figured it was worth looking at.
|
| [...]
|
| Am I convinced it is the greatest thing since sliced bread? Not yet but I
| might be. To me the competition is the amazing collection of tools that
| Google is offering. Today, Chandler does more but it is hard to say whether a
| year from now, Google will also do it all.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/quick-look-chandler

Recent:

Chandler 1.0, the open source PIM

,----[ Quote ]
| If that leaves you only fractionally less in the dark, here's some
| background: Chandler is a cross-platform, open source Personal Information
| Manager (PIM), and project of the Open Source Applications Foundation. The
| vision behind Chandler and the OSAF is that of Mitch Kapoor, designer of the
| original "killer app" for the PC generation, Lotus 1-2-3.
`----

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/08/12/chandler-1-0-the-open-source-pim/

Manage Your Finances With GNUCash

,----[ Quote ]
| Hackers might like to think that the most important programs on their
| computer is an editor, programming language, or even a Web browser with the
| latest plugins. But for many people, a computer is nothing more than a tool,
| something that they use to write letters, perform calculations, and create
| presentations. Even if Linux were the most user-friendly operating system on
| the planet, but if it weren't for the OpenOffice productivity suite, no one
| would ever use it
`----

http://ostatic.com/164241-blog/manage-your-finances-with-gnucash

If You Knew Cash Like GnuCash Knows Cash

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the final frontiers for users, and open source programmers, is the
| dark realm of the financial application. Plenty of office suites, customer
| relationship managers, IDEs, and various groupware packages abound, but a
| dearth of solid and usable financial programs are available. GnuCash fills
| the void of a financial package for Linux users but GnuCash, contrary to what
| some believe, will not replace Quickbooks although it does have some very
| advanced features. It is more of a competitor with Microsoft Money or Quicken
| for personal account or small business accounting. It may fill the need,
| however, for a large number of you who feel stuck with a Windows-only
| financial application solution.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/6779/

Shareware Report: GNU money versus old