[News] Amarok 2 Leaves a Good Impression

Amarok 2 Brings Fresh Changes

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, majority of the changes in Amarok 2 are refreshing. The interface
| has become more elegant, much simpler and more user-friendly without losing
| any of its functionality. Some of the newly addons feature such as search
| filtering and widgets are interesting and useful. I would hope to see better
| integration and connectivity with my iPhone so that I can stream/transfer
| music easily.
`----

http://maketecheasier.com/amarok-2-brings-fresh-changes/2008/12/18

Recent:

Amarok gets a facelift

,----[ Quote ]
| On the upside, Amarok 2 does the job it set out to do well, and is a
| wonderful compliment to any KDE 4 installation. Once you get used to the new
| interface, it's actually not too bad -- if you're like me, you may end up
| liking it a bit better. In the final analysis, Amarok 2.0 provided me with
| some great tunes while I wrote this article, and it has been a pleasure to
| use.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/155246

Hands-on: Amarok 2 rocks the house

,----[ Quote ]
| The developers behind the open source Amarok audio player have announced the
| official release of version 2.0, a long-awaited Amarok update for KDE 4.
| Amarok 2.0 offers a totally new user interface, extensive integration with
| various web-based audio services, support for a multitude of new KDE 4
| technologies, and many other important changes.
|
| [...]
|
| After extensive testing, I'm convinced that Amarok 2 is a major improvement.
| Although it still has some weak areas that need improvement and there are
| still some missing features that need to be brought back, the overall user
| experience is better and the new infrastructure will make it possible for the
| player to evolve faster. I am especially impressed with its scripting
| capabilities and I think that this extensibility will enable end users to do
| a lot of innovative things with the program.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20081211-hands-on-amarok-2-rocks-the-house.html

- From the Post 2.0.0 Git Vaults, Amarok Urls and Bookmarks

,----[ Quote ]
| Amarok 2.0.0 has been tagged! Short of any really bad bugs showing up the
| release will be upon us shortly, just as soon as the packagers from the
| different distros have had a chance to do their thing! This release has been
| nearly 2 years in the making, and all of us developers have shed blood, sweat
| and tears trying to make Amarok 2 live up to the vision that has driven us
| all along. Overall, I am very pleased with the result.
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/843-From-the-Post-2.0.0-Git-Vaults,-Amarok-Urls-and-Bookmarks.html

Amarok & NPR :: 13 Years of News Media Now Available at Your Fingertips

,----[ Quote ]
| Earlier this summer I had noticed that National Public Radio (NPR) launched a
| brand new open API based on open source technologies. My initial reaction was
| at best skeptical. I assumed any sort of “API” released by a major media
| outlet would turn out to be nothing more than a few customizable RSS feeds.
| If the company was particularly progressive the RSS feeds might include full
| articles, rather than the neutered one-sentence teasers you find in all the
| big name’s syndicated content.
`----

http://www.binaryelysium.com/blog/2008/11/05/amarok-and-npr/

Amarok 2 Beta 2 screenshot review

,----[ Quote ]
| A few days ago the second beta of Amarok 2 was finally released. I have to
| admit that a year ago I was looking forward for the final release. But now…
| I’m not at all (I guess it is because of Songbird).
|
| Anyway, this second beta release is much more better than previous versions:
| it works really fast, and there are many new features. For example, the
| developers decided to use MySQL instead of SQLite, collection statistics,
| stop after this track and much more.
`----

http://www.somgnu.org/amarok-2-beta-2-screenshot-review/

There is a BBC in my Amarok

,----[ Quote ]
| This script is now available from kde-apps.org or it can be automatically
| installed from within Amarok 2 by using the "Get More Scripts" button int the
| script manager.
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/826-There-is-a-BBC-in-my-Amarok.html

First look: Amarok 2 alpha 1 looking strong

,----[ Quote ]
| Despite some of the bugs and the weaknesses of the Plasma interface, Amarok 2
| is shaping up very well and is quite strong for an alpha release. It remains
| true to the vision that shaped its predecessor and delivers a feature-packed
| audio player that is aimed squarely at the power user. It rises above the
| iTunes mimicry that has become common among open source audio players and
| gives its users a truly unique experience.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080714-first-look-amarok-2-alpha-1-looking-strong.html
http://tinyurl.com/5qebbf

Amarok 2: Visual Changelog