[News] More Boosts for GNU/Linux and Free Multimedia

Download Alert: Free Open-Source FL Studio Clone LMMS

,----[ Quote ]
| Cruising around the net, looking for the hottest in open source products, I
| stumbled upon this interesting tool: Linux MultiMedia Studio (or LMMS) is
| basically an FL Studio clone, which is open source and can be run on Linux or
| Windows.
`----

http://www.internetdj.com/article.php?storyid=1063

Public Media Provider WNET.ORG Selects Kaltura's Open Source Video Platform to
Power Collaborative Video Conversations on Worldfocus.org

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Public-Media-Provider-WNETORG-Selects/story.aspx?guid=%7B3E2520D7-26EF-4105-8AF8-097DFF310FB7%7D

Vudu Reveals Open-Source RIA Platform, But is it Enough to Survive Heavy
Competition?

,----[ Quote ]
| Vudu says that the first set of web applications available are a few "casual
| games," access to Flickr, Picasa, and YouTube, as well as an on-demand TV
| option with more than 120 channels, including major networks like NBC and
| CNN. However, the full RIA won’t be open to developers until later next year.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/12/vudu-reveals-op.html

That Vudu voodoo

,----[ Quote ]
| Oh, and the Rich Internet Application (RIA) software won’t be available to
| developers until some time next year. So this is vapor open source?
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=3199

Recent:

StudioDave Does A Hardware Review And Meets Ubuntu 8.10

,----[ Quote ]
| I am satisified with this machine, and Ubuntu 8.10 is an excellent fit for
| the hardware. AVSynthesis runs nicely in realtime, and the rtirq script has
| eliminated xruns from JACK's performance. The apt system has made it easy to
| update the system and set up a full-featured development environment, and of
| course there's the whole UbuntuStudio apps collection for me to explore. I'll
| have more to say about my new machine and its performance with Linux audio
| software, so be sure to check in again soon.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/studiodave-does-hardware-review-and-meets-ubuntu-810

Related:

Why Vista sounds worse