[News] Debian Discusses Version 5.0, Ubuntu Keeps Its 'Debian' (Fork) Easy

Debian Developers to Determine Lenny's Fate

,----[ Quote ]
| Free Linux distro Debian has been working steadily on its next version 5.0 of
| the OS, known as Lenny. Now developers have been called in for a vote to
| determine the course of its general release.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/online/news/debian_developers_to_determine_lenny_s_fate

Ubuntu Linux: The Easy Installation Guide

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Linux 8.10, aka Intrepid Ibex, is the most popular Linux distribution
| available for installing on your PC, thanks to its steadily improving
| hardware compatibility and installation software, along with a wealth of free
| applications and utilities that run on any version of Linux.
|
| But even though the bad old days of disappointing Linux installations are
| mostly over, putting Ubuntu on your PC can still be tricky if you haven't
| done it before. Many PC users have never had to boot their computers from a
| CD or had to partition a hard disk. And most of us take for granted that the
| OS will include drivers to handle crucial hardware devices such as graphics
| cards and wireless networking controllers.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/155517-1/ubuntu_linux_the_easy_installation_guide.html

Recent:

Debian Lenny Slogan Contest

,----[ Quote ]
| The Debian Art team is seeking a slogan for the next stable release, Debian
| GNU/Linux 5.0 “Lenny”.
`----

http://www.ducea.com/2008/10/22/debian-lenny-slogan-contest/

Debian (Etch) Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| If you’re a hardened user then you’ll already know that Debian is good so I
| don’t need to tell you, if you have a good knowledge of Linux and you
| understand the file system and how it works, but just haven’t tried Debian
| yet then I highly recommend doing so. I started out years ago, using Red Hat
| based systems such as Fedora Core and since I tried Debian and it’s
| derivitives I now much prefer them. Debian is definitely on my recommended
| list but not to new users, purely because it assumes some if not a lot of
| knowledge about Linux in order to tweak it. If you’re a new user and you’re
| not too familiar with Linux in general don’t go trying Debian yet it might
| just put you off the whole idea of using Linux as your operating system. We
| use Debian for a lot of our in-house and customer servers but it’s also very
| good as a corporate desktop.
`----

http://inform.symsysit.com/2008/10/debian-etch-linux-review/

Debian as a Desktop GNU+Linux Distribution

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://gnulinuxfun.wordpress.com/2008/10/15/debian-as-a-desktop-gnulinux-distribution/