[News] New Version of VirtualBox Released

Sun rev's "open source" desktop VM manager

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun has updated its "open source" desktop virtualization software. xVM
| VirtualBox 2.1 reportedly features improved 64-bit support, 3D acceleration,
| easier Windows and Linux networking, hardware virtualization on Macs,
| and "full" VMDK/VHD support, including snapshots, although many new features
| are "experimental."
`----

http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS5750792856.html?kc=rss

Recent:

VirtualBox update brings improved performance and 64-bit support

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun has released the first update to its recently purchased desktop
| virtualization program, now called Sun xVM VirtualBox 2.0. While not a major
| update, it does bring improved performance and 64-bit operating system
| support to the popular open source virtualization program.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/148194

VirtualBox 2.0.2

,----[ Quote ]
| Powerful x86 virtualization products for enterprise as well as home use. Not
| only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for
| enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is
| freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General
| Public License (GPL). See "About VirtualBox" for an introduction;
| see "innotek" for more about our company.
`----

http://business.pcauthority.com.au/download/virtualbox-202.aspx

VirtualBox 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
| SUN released a new major release of their virtual machine software
| VirtualBox. Highlights in this release are 64bit guest support, a new GUI and
| also an enterprise subscription model.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2008/09/05/virtualbox-20/s

Related:

VirtualBox: A Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, VirtualBox is an excellent application for virtualizing your
| favorite operating systems. I use it to virtually run all of the operating
| systems that we talk about here on LinuxHow2, such as Ubuntu, Fedora, Gentoo,
| and  PCLinuxOS. Virtual machines are a great way to test new operating
| systems, sandbox an OS, and quickly wipe out and reinstall problem operating
| systems; it's becoming common to virtual an operating system, because of the
| speed of use, and because said operating system does not directly interfere
| with the host OS, if it's infected with viruses (as is often the case with
| Windows) or you just plain don't need it anymore, it's as simple as one click
| to delete it off your system for good.
`----

http://linuxhow2.com/Feature_Articles/VirtualBox_A_Review.html

VirtualBox: The best virtualization program you've never heard of

,----[ Quote ]