[News] Adobe AIR for GNU/Linux Out Today

Adobe brings AIR to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The promised Linux edition of Adobe Systems' AIR 1.5 rich internet
| application (RIA) play is due to hit Linux today.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/18/adobe_air_linux/

Recent:

Adobe releases AIR for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Adobe today released AIR for Linux. AIR is Adobe’s platform that allows to
| create rich internet applications that run on most platforms.
|
| This release of AIR is beta version that is mostly feature-complete. Previous
| versions of AIR in Alpha form lacked many of the features of the Windows and
| Mac versions.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=3077

Adobe AIR for Linux Beta is out!

,----[ Quote ]
| We just released the beta version of Adobe AIR for Linux on Adobe Labs!
|
| This Labs release of AIR has all features implemented for Linux, except
| support for DRM and badge installations. Major new features include support
| for system tray icons, keyboard shortcuts, localization, internationalized
| input (IME support), filetype registration, SWF and PDF in HTML,
| multi-monitor support, fullscreen mode, encrypted local storage, support for
| V4L2 cameras and printing.
`----

http://blogs.adobe.com/ashutosh/2008/09/adobe_air_for_linux_beta_is_ou_1.html

Get some AIR on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Adobe Air alpha for Linux only runs on systems using the .deb or .rpm
| packaging system. Officially AIR also only runs on RedHat Desktop Linux 4,
| RedHat Enterprise Linux v5, Novell Desktop Linux 9, SUSE Linux Enterprise
| Desktop 10 and Ubuntu 6.06 but we successfully installed it on Ubuntu 8.04.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2399

Adobe to launch AIR 1.0

,----[ Quote ]
| A version of AIR for Linux is expected later this year, he said. Adobe will
| also create versions that run on mobile devices in the future.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6231761.html

Adobe AIR on Linux: Pre-Beta Testers Needed

,----[ Quote ]
| As of today there have only been releases of Adobe AIR for Windows and Mac
| but Adobe is committed to also delivering a version for Linux. This is great
| news for developers like me who use Linux as their primary desktop operating
| system.
`----

http://www.jamesward.org/wordpress/2008/02/20/adobe-air-on-linux-pre-beta-testers-needed/

Adobe Pushes DRM for Flash