[News] Wine Enters Ubuntu's Main Repository, More Ubuntu Progress Reported

Bringing WINE Into Ubuntu Main

,----[ Quote ]
| Scott Ritchie, an Ubuntu MOTU, has proposed that WINE be moved into Ubuntu's
| Main repository thereby making it shipping with Ubuntu by default in some
| form.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjkyOA

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 121

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #121 for the week December
| 7th - December 13th, 2008. In this issue we cover: 4,000 people attend
| Ubuntu-fr Release Party, Ubuntu Developer Summit: Jaunty, Hall of Fame:
| Albero Milone, Interview with (huats), Leader of the Ubuntu-fr Team, MOTU,
| New York team Asterisk demonstration, Software Freedom Day Nicaragua,
| Launchpad Drupal modules, Launchpad in twitter and identi.ca, Launchpad
| off-line Dec. 17th, OpenSolaris tackles Ubuntu dominance, and much, much
| more!
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue121

Recent:

Wine

,----[ Quote ]
| I wanted to do that for years ... but never found the time, especially as I
| thought that it would be difficult, I expected to need to tune a hundred
| configuration options or so ;-)
|
| [...]
|
| This is really incredible ... wine rulez!
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/wine

Wine: Improving Look And Feel

,----[ Quote ]