[News] Jeremy Allison Says Ubuntu GNU/Linux Captures Many Users

"Ubuntu has the strongest chance to take Linux mainstream"

,----[ Quote ]
| Jeremy Allison's contributions to the free software world are legion, and yet
| the project he's best known for continues to be Samba, the open
| implementation of some of Microsoft's most important networking protocols.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/-ubuntu-has-the-strongest-chance-to-take-linux-mainstream--486274

Ubuntu vs XP

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu is small and fast and it’s getting easier all the time. With all the
| resources on the Internet, if you have a question about how to do something,
| google it and the answer is probably there. Linux used to only be used by the
| Super Geek. Unix as a whole is still pretty geeky, but with the graphics
| interface they are trying to change that. Ubuntu is being used on a lot of
| the small Netbooks that are mainly used for going online to check email and
| surf the internet and it’s becoming more popular around the world.
`----

http://adventuresintrucking.com/ubuntu-vs-xp/

Related:

Vista at the tipping point