Re: Why do COLA trolls make such fools of them selves?

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ ml2mst on Friday 12 December 2008 17:51 : \____
>
>> This question will probably never be answered, but I'm just wondering
>> why the prominent cola trolls make such fools of them selves.
>
> Ask their employer, Microsoft:
> http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf
>
>     Channel of Information, On-line Forums
>
>         * Monitor the relevant Usenet groups at all times
>         * Write well
>         * Be exceedingly formal and polite (fails)
>
>               o It is very easy to give offense
>               o Always assume that you are wrong; ask others to explain it to
>                 you (fails)
>               o Developers are impressed by clear, precise, polite
>                 communication (fails)
>               o Don’t sound like a prig (fails)
>

> Yesterday I heard from the Microsoft employee who wrote and gave these
> presentation, which were, as he said "REQUIRED" training for new people at
> Microsoft.
>
> He feels ashamed now of what he knows was unethical.

I've added (fails) to the points where the cola trolls fail.

1. Be exceedingly formal and polite (instead of being polite they curse
and do name calling);

2. Always assume that you are wrong; ask others to explain it to you
(they always claim they're right, everyone else is wrong);

3. Developers are impressed by clear, precise, polite communication
(they usually are clueless what on earth they are talking about, as for
politeness, see point 1.

4. Don’t sound like a prig (prigs are better mannered then cola trolls).

Cheers

--
|_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
|_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com