[News] Firefox 3.1 Previews and Coverage

Mozilla Boosts Stealth, Speed in New Firefox Beta

,----[ Quote ]
| "We're going to be shipping a new Javascript engine called 'TraceMonkey'
| that's going to really improve the performance of the browser, especially for
| Web applications, but overall throughout the Web you should start feeling
| once again a browser even faster than Firefox 3. The idea was instead of
| waiting for a long release cycle we'd make sure we got some of these
| improvements into the hands of users as soon as possible," he continued.

Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 Live, Mozilla Already Eyeing Beta 3

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 was released to the public Monday, but Mike Beltzner,
| director of Firefox development, said that Mozilla is already targeting
| Firefox 3.1 Beta 3 for a February 2009 release.
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/212300355

Firefox 3: 8 Untold Secrets

,----[ Quote ]
| The latest version of Mozilla's popular open-source browser enjoyed one of
| the most successful launches in software history, with a record-setting 8.2
| million downloads the first day it was available.
|
| With the ability to drastically expand the browser's functions using plug-in
| extensions and Greasemonkey scripts, many of Firefox 3's built-in features
| are overlooked. Here are eight handy things you can do with Firefox, ranging
| from tiny tweaks to hugely powerful capabilities, all with nary an extension
| to install.

The Impact Mozilla Challenge

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?blogid=14&entryid=1628

about:mozilla - Beta 2, Community Store, major update, malware info, goals,
mission, financials, market share, awards, and more…

https://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2008/12/09/aboutmozilla-beta-2-community-store-major-update-malware-info-goals-mission-financials-market-share-awards-and-more/
http://tinyurl.com/5w6ej3

Recent:

Valley Girls: Mitchell Baker

,----[ Quote ]
| Many people in Silicon Valley claim to be high-flyers but as an amateur
| trapeze artiste Mitchell Baker has a better claim than many.
|
| In her day job Ms Baker is chair of the Mozilla Foundation that most know as
| the creator of the open source Firefox web browser.

Mozilla posts first Firefox 3.1 b2 release candidate build

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla is close to be releasing a major update for its Firefox 3 browser.
| The release candidate of Firefox 3.1 appeared earlier today and is, as far as
| we can see, pretty much finished. The actual release of the browser should
| only be a matter of days.
`----

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/40368/140/

Fired Up Over A Hot Browser

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox is riding a crest, with 200 million Web surfers.
`----

http://www.investors.com/editorial/IBDArticles.asp?artsec=21&issue=20081126

Related:

Study: Firefox Excels at Guarding the Henhouse

,----[ Quote ]