[News] Fedora 11 Already Planned, Schedule Discussed

Fedora 11 release schedule set

,----[ Quote ]
| At today's FESCo meeting, the final schedule for Fedora 11 was
| approved.  Now  it's time for some reminders about the feature process
| for Fedora 11.  We're changing a few things this time around to
| hopefully make the whole process run smoother than ever!
|
| First., FESCo will be making decisions regarding dropping incomplete
| features at the meeting *2 weeks before* the freeze date, in order to
| give rel-eng and QA time to implement whatever contingency plans might
| be required prior to the freeze.  For Fedora 11, these dates are:
|
| Alpha freeze: 1/20 - FESCo meeting - 1/8
| Beta Freeze:  3/10 - FESCo meeting - 2/25
| Final Freeze: 4/14 - FESCo meeting - 4/1
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/309678/

Recent:

Naming Fedora 11... Claddagh? Catania? Oxford?

,----[ Quote ]
| Among the names proposed thus far are Claddagh, Catania, Windsor, Oxford,
| Nebula, Claypool, Gokyo, and Zampone. The list of proposed names can be found
| on the Fedora Wiki. From that Wiki page you can also add your own submission.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njg5Mg

Red Hat's new version of open source operating system

,----[ Quote ]
| Paul Frields, Fedora project leader at Red Hat, said: "Fedora volunteer
| contributors and Red Hat engineers worked together to develop the
| cutting-edge features found in Fedora 10. Their widespread appeal, combined
| with Fedora's policy of collaborating with upstream free software
| communities, means that many of these features will be found in other Linux
| distributions in the future."
`----

http://opsys.cbronline.com/news/red_hats_new_version_of_open_source_operating_system_021208

Fedora 10: the GNU/Linux Desktop Steps Forward

,----[ Quote ]
| Any release of a GNU/Linux distribution marks a milestone in a continuous
| cycle of software development. However, Fedora 10 promises to be a larger
| milestone than most, both for its development community and users, according
| to Paul W. Frields, the Fedora leader and chair.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/features/article.php/3786911/Fedora+10+the+GNU/Linux+Desktop+Steps+Forward.htm

Mind Maps: The Fedora Project

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently, I’ve been plagued with trying to come up with an organizational
| model for the Utah Open Source Foundation and it’s relationship to the Utah
| Open Source Conference.  This is in addition to the new Non-Profit structure
| we’re building.
|
| To that end, I created a very shabby hierarchical structure which I passed
| around a week ago at the Core Team after conference dinner.  It went over
| okay, but people had a lot of questions about how the structure was organized
| and what not.
`----

http://sexysexypenguins.com/2008/11/21/mind-maps-the-fedora-project/

Ten Reasons to Get Fired Up Over Fedora 10 Part 1

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.press.redhat.com/2008/11/17/ten-reasons-to-get-fired-up-over-fedora-10/