[News] [Rival] Windows Security Hopeless, Top Manager Gave Up

Windows patching abysmal, and getting worse

,----[ Quote ]
| Fewer than one in 50 Windows PCs are fully patched, according to stats from
| users of Secunia's new patching tool, which suggest surfers are becoming even
| more slipshod with applying patches over the last year.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/03/secunia_patching_survey/

Apple Didn't Issue a New Anti-Virus Advisory

,----[ Quote ]
| Will bloggers and journalists please stop writing that Apple has suddenly
| advised its users to use anti-virus software? That's simply not true.
|
| [...]
|
| There haven't been any major new malware attacks to suggest increasing Mac
| marketshare has generated more malware. Just two weeks ago, I blogged that in
| fact Apple's increasing marketshare hadn't led to more attacks—that
| Microsoft's marketshare mythology is wrong.
`----

http://blogs.eweek.com/applewatch/content/security/apple_didnt_issue_a_new_antivirus_advisory.html

"Our products just aren't engineered for security."

                --Brian Valentine, Microsoft executive

Yesterday:

Virus hits nearly 75% of systems on Afghanistan military base

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2232&tag=nl.e550

Computer Virus Hits U.S. Military Base in Afghanistan

,----[ Quote ]
| The largest U.S. military base in Afghanistan was hit by a computer virus
| earlier this month that affected nearly three quarters of the computers on
| the base, U.S. News has learned.
`----

http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/iraq/2008/11/28/computer-virus-hits-us-military-base-in-afghanistan.html

Recent: