Re: LEAKED: Dell/H-P/Lenovo/Vendor Recommends Windows is Fake!

After takin' a swig o' grog, Gary M. Stewart belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 12:47:18 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft pays for it <
>> http://boycottnovell.com/2008/12/o1/leaked-oem-vista-ad-incenteives/ >.
>
> You are such a fool Schestowitz.
> Get your slimy self out of academia and into the real world.
>
> Hint:
>
> 1. Car manufacturers offer dealers incentives to sell certain cars.
> 2. Blockbuster/Barnes and noble/Borders etc gets paid extra money and
> incentives to put certain books on the end caps.
> 3. Circuit City gets incentives, like advertising, to sell certain
> products.
> 4. Your local Deli gets a free freezer from Snapple to sell their products.
> 5. IBM offers all kinds of incentives for upgrading or installing their
> software.
>
> and so forth.
>
> For some reason you think you've discovered the Holy Grail.
>
> You haven't.
>
> This one ranks right up there with a bogus Terry Porter post.

Not really.  Microsoft is presumably still under the microscope due to their
still-pervasive influence on consumer computing purchaes.

--
We are each only one drop in a great ocean -- but some of the drops sparkle!