[News] CrunchBang Linux Impresses Reviewer

#!CrunchBang Linux: Flash! Bang! Wallop! What A Distro!

,----[ Quote ]
| The final thing I would like to remark on is the blazing speed of CB: The
| Openbox desktop loads in 3 seconds - honestly - and applications are not far
| behind, either loaded via the right-click menu or via the shortcut key
| combinations.
|
| It's a very stable distribution, too, which you would expect with its
| heritage but remember - this is also a very young distribution, so kudos to
| Philip Newborough for that.
|
| I would be happy to run CB on a production machine - that's the confidence an
| Ubuntu base system brings, I suppose - and shall certainly be keeping a close
| eye on this exciting young distribution in the future. I happily recommend it
| to you.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2008/11/crunchbang-linux-flash-bang-wallop-what.html

Recent:

CrunchBang Linux 8.10.01 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Last night I uploaded and released the final CrunchBang Linux 8.10.01 build.
| I am really quite pleased with this release and it seems to be working well
| on my own systems. I will keep this post short as I have already written
| about the release on the new CrunchBang Linux blog. All I wanted to say here
| is,
`----

http://crunchbang.org/archives/2008/11/26/crunchbang-linux-8-dot-10-dot-01-released/

CrunchBang Linux 8.10.01 — Testing

,----[ Quote ]
| I had some spare time on my hands last weekend, so I set about putting
| together a new release of CrunchBang Linux. As the numbering suggests,
| CrunchBang Linux 8.10.01 is based on Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex sources.
`----

http://crunchbang.org/archives/2008/11/19/crunchbang-linux-8-dot-10-dot-01-testing/

CrunchBang Linux 8.04.02 Release Notes

,----[ Quote ]
| I have released a couple of new images for my CrunchBang Linux project. This
| new release brings CrunchBang Linux up-to-date with packages available from
| the 8.04.01 point release of Ubuntu. The new images have been completely
| rebuilt from scratch and feature a whole bunch of changes.
`----

http://crunchbang.org/archives/2008/07/25/crunchbang-linux-8-dot-04-dot-02-release-notes/

CrunchBang Linux 8.04.01 Release Notes

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the third release of CrunchBang Linux. This release is based on the
| current development version of Ubuntu, "Hardy Heron". As with the previous
| releases, I have developed CrunchBang Linux for personal use; however, I have
| released it as a download on the off chance that others may find it useful.
`----

http://crunchbang.org/archives/2008/04/08/crunchbang-linux-8-dot-04-dot-01-release-notes/

Related:

CrunchBang Linux 7.10.02 Release Notes

| I've released another version of CrunchBang Linux, my remastered version of
| Ubuntu featuring the lightweight Openbox window manager. Version 7.10.02 is
| the version that was never meant to be; however, as soon as people started
| downloading and using the original [I'm still finding it hard to believe that
| anyone would actually do that] I realised I'd better try to clean up the
| distribution and start to attempt to fix any issues/problems.
`----

http://crunchbang.org/archives/2008/02/24/crunchbang-linux-7-dot-10-dot-02-release-notes/

First look: CrunchBang - A faster Ubuntu! - Fast and furious Ubuntu for geeks!

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-look-CrunchBang-A-faster-Ubuntu-77535.shtml