Re: [News] Yahoo/Microsoft Bid Appears to Fail, Microsoft Takes Plunge

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/02/06/money-comes-back-to-google

"Fucking Eric Schmidt is a fucking pussy. I’m going to fucking
bury that guy, I have done it before, and I will do it again.
I’m going to fucking kill Google." --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft
CEO

He sounds like an unwelcomed COLA troll.  Like father, like son?

Here is something that might explain the increased anti-Linux trolling going on in COLA and just about all other Linux forums on the internet.

http://redmondmag.com/news/article.asp?EditorialsID=6428

Ballmer Takes Anti-Linux Campaign to IT Executive E-mail List

[quote]
It was the first time that Microsoft has used the IT executive e-mail newsletter to overtly attack a competitive threat. In the past, the executive e-mails from Ballmer, chairman and chief software architect Bill Gates and group vice president Jeff Raikes have addressed internal issues, industry challenges or generic IT topics. Previous messages included Gates' famous Trustworthy Computing message and two updates on security progress, messages on spam and preserving and enhancing the value of e-mail, managing IT for business value and Microsoft's commitment to customers.

In his Microsoft Monitor blog, Jupiter Research analyst Joe Wilcox noted that the lack of new arguments bewildered him until he made a connection with the timing of the end of support for Windows NT 4.0. The end of extended support for the eight-year-old server operating system on Dec. 31 is widely viewed as an opportunity for customers to consider switching their Windows servers to Linux.

"The time is right for Microsoft to come out swinging at Linux again. With the NT 4 support respirator about spent and customer holdouts still hanging onto the operating system but looking for a spry replacement, Microsoft has every reason to make sure migration isn't to Linux," Wilcox wrote.
[/quote]

Since Vista as an operating system has not been well received and there is considerable negative sentiment about it, the opportunity has arisen for the world to embrace other operating system technologies.

A rather good take for Linux, but a rather sad commentary on the opposition.

--
HPT