[News] Yahoo/Microsoft Bid Appears to Fail, Microsoft Takes Plunge

  • Subject: [News] Yahoo/Microsoft Bid Appears to Fail, Microsoft Takes Plunge
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 00:29:53 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft's Offer To Yahoo Falling

,----[ Quote ]
| In all of the Microsoft-Yahoo talk so far, no official deadlines have been
| given.  There may be an implicit hurry-up factor, however, as it seems that
| Microsoft's sinking stock price could force it to adjust the deal.
|
| The offer of $44.6 billion was made back when Microsoft was worth around
| $33.60 per share.  But since it was actually a half-cash, half-stock offer,
| and Microsoft is now at $29.07 per share, the grand total is now closer to
| $41 billion.
|
| Yahoo's leaders and stockholders may not like the idea of over $3 billion
| vanishing in a week's time.
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/02/06/microsofts-offer-to-yahoo-falling

Value of Microsoft's bid for Yahoo falls

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/02/06/microsoft-reduces-bid-yahoo

Yahoo Wants An Upgrade Of Microsoft Money

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/02/06/yahoo-wants-an-upgrade-of-microsoft-money

Yahoo Could Give European Search To Google

,----[ Quote ]
| Yahoo is rumored to be ready to make a deal with Google in Europe. By
| outsourcing search ads on the Continent to Google, Yahoo could boost its
| returns on that revenue stream.
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/02/06/yahoo-could-give-european-search-to-google

Money Comes Back To Google

,----[ Quote ]
| The downward trend for Google's stock took a day off as traders pushed the
| price back above $500.
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/02/06/money-comes-back-to-google

"Fucking Eric Schmidt is a fucking pussy. I’m going to fucking bury that guy, I
have done it before, and I will do it again. I’m going to fucking kill
Google."
                                        --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO