[News] A Migration to GNU/Linux Without Windows Expectations

  • Subject: [News] A Migration to GNU/Linux Without Windows Expectations
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 15:55:55 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
A life without Windows is nice.

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, back to my studies. Thanks to Linux, I've not had to update a virus
| program or had to worry about any of that stuff that used to cause slow downs
| and headaches when I ran Windows. Ahh, the bliss and freedom of open source
| software.
`----

http://lexlocilinux.blogspot.com/2008/02/life-without-windows-is-nice.html

Windows Still Isn't Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Its ironic how there are so many users who cling to Microsoft Windows and
| then proudly tout that the first thing they do is run out and load up on free
| or open source applications. Every year, we see lists of "best free apps"
| or "essential apps" for Windows, and every year, the apps become more and
| more like watered-down versions of what is available on almost any
| Linux-based system.
`----

http://goodcomputing.blogspot.com/2008/02/windows-still-isnt-linux.html

Related:

10 things you should know about every Linux installation

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.builderau.com.au/program/linux/soa/10_things_you_should_know_about_every_Linux_installation/0,339028299,339219801,00.htm