[News] Novell Again Claimed in "Alliance" with Ballmer's Mafia

  • Subject: [News] Novell Again Claimed in "Alliance" with Ballmer's Mafia
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 15:59:12 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
One big push for interoperability required

,----[ Quote ]
| In the case of Novell-Microsoft alliance, the situation is one of making two
| platforms work together.
`----

http://www.expresscomputeronline.com/20080211/opensource01.shtml

Well, then why doesn't Microsoft support ODF? It's all for Microsoft. Novell is
is the vassal. And then there's the talk about harmonising...

OOXML-ODF: The Harmonization Hope Chest

,----[ Quote ]
| This post has four points:
|
|    1. Translatability Informs Harmonization
|       Difficulty of translation is a rough indicator of the degree to which
|       reconciliation of the formats is difficult.
|
|    2. Models Limit Translation/Harmonization
|       There is no assurance that either format is universal enough, in the
|       sense that it can faithfully express all documents of the other format.
|
|    3. We Must Know the Differences
|       We need to know the severity of the model disparities and
|       individual-feature differences before concluding how much useful
|       harmonization is possible.
|
|    4. The Reality in the Punchbowl

http://orcmid.com/blog/2008/02/ooxml-odf-harmonization-hope-chest.asp

Related: