[News] KDE 4 Gets Love from New Users and Veterans Alike

  • Subject: [News] KDE 4 Gets Love from New Users and Veterans Alike
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 16:01:29 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
KDE rules

,----[ Quote ]
| Had I not blindly tried KDE one day I would never have realized how nice it
| all was nowadays. Sadly this train of thought leads me to the conclusion that
| I should blindly try Gnome again sometime soon. How depressing.
`----

http://briancarper.net/2008/02/07/kde-rules/

falling in love all over again

,----[ Quote ]
| So I figured I'd do something about it by sharing with you how using KDE4 on
| a daily basis has been for me what can best be described as a process of
| falling in love all over again with various applications.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/02/falling-in-love-all-over-again.html

gwenview: falling in love all over again

,----[ Quote ]
| Obviously gwenview is not a replacement for something like digikam or
| kphotoalbum which have different (though related) use cases, but for quickly
| skipping through images and tidying them up ... gwenview is usually my first
| stop. Honestly, I can hardly bear to look at the KDE3 gwenview now, the
| improvement has been that drastic.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/02/gwenview-falling-in-love-all-over-again.html

Related:

[Screenshots] Fedora 9 KDE Live Alpha

,----[ Quote ]
| With Fedora living on the front-line of Linux technologies, Fedora 9 Sulphur
| will be shipping with KDE 4.0 as opposed to holding off until KDE 4.1 with
| Fedora 10. With the release of Fedora 9 Alpha this morning, we've taken both
| the GNOME and KDE versions for a test spin. While this alpha release is
| shipping with KDE 4.0.0, and Fedora 9 final release will likely ship with KDE
| 4.0.3, this desktop LiveCD had worked out fairly well in our initial usage
| tests. For your viewing pleasure we've included some screenshots of Fedora 9
| KDE Live Alpha.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=992&num=1

KDE 4.0.1 Release Announcement

,----[ Quote ]
| he KDE Community today announced the immediate availability of KDE 4.0.1, the
| first bugfix and maintenance release for the latest generation of the most
| advanced and powerful free desktop. KDE 4.0.1 ships with a basic desktop and
| many other packages like administration, network, education, utilities,
| multimedia, games, artwork, web development and more. KDE's award-winning
| tools and applications are available in almost 50 languages.
`----

http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-4.0.1.php

KDE 4.1 Roadmap and Future Goals !

,----[ Quote ]