Re: [News] [Rival] Where Has All That Claimed Microsoft Money Gone???

> ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 07 February 2008 07:40 : \____

>>> ____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 06 February 2008 08:49 : \____

>>> Someone who has watched the Free software scene since the start has told me
>>> on several occasions that when a mesages of mine is attacked or intercepted
>>> it means I'm on the right topic and should do more on that. This was also
>>> said w.r.t. this particular point. There are some facts that the shills want
>>> to vanish as soon as they appear.
>>>

>> I've seen precisely the same behaviour.  If Scott's accountancy
>> knowledge had been better, he might've been able to do a better job, but
>> as you say, there's no doubt that MS do not want attention drawn to
>> their rapidly collapsing finances.
>>
>> Anyway, I've had enough of him (again), and have kfiled teranews and
>> marked ghost even further up, so I won't see any more of Scott/Meyer or
>> whatever else he calls himself.
>
> There's another good guy from Teranews, not just Ghost. I can't recall the
> nickname...

Let me know when you do, as I've just buried him...

>> You'd think that MS could afford a smarter troll, wouldn't you?
>
> Maybe we should pay closer attention to which threads get the trolls fuming.
> Microsoft already tries to pressure people not to say that OS X and Linux are
> more secure than Windows. It *lies* in order to do this.

This is the key to the balancing act we need.  On the one hand, it's
essential that we do not feed the trolls, on the other hand, those
issues which raise their ire the most are typically the key ones which
require further investigation and publicity, as they're obviously when
we're on the right track.