Re: [News] [Rival] Is Microsoft Secretly Low on Cash? (Reuters)

John Locke wrote:

> On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 17:55:26 -0500, Jerry McBride
> <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

>>> You bumbling idiot.
>>> The Federal Reserve just dropped interest rates again for a total drop
>>> of 1.25 points in less than a month.
>>> Unprecedented BTW.
>>> Why break investments that are locked in at the higher interest rates
>>> when you can borrow for less?
>>>
>>> Coming from a sponge like you Schestowitz it figures you haven't got a
>>> clue about money other than how to pan handle for it.
>>>

>>"Pan handle"... that's something msft will learn the hardway as they go
>>into the future. Imagine borrowing $27 billion to buy another failing
>>company... who would loan them the cash? Yeah the interest rate has
>>dropped, but really... would a bank in good conscience take this kind of
>>load right now?
> That's an interesting thought. I'd think any bank would require some
> form of collateral other than revenue flow.
>
> A loan fault for that amout of money could destroy a financial
> institution.

Bingo... I get a picture of msft dressed like a clown, with a big red nose,
going door to door trying to beg for money so they can buy that
big-bad-search-engine named yahoo... just because they need it...

Yeah, right...

--

Jerry McBride (jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx)