Re: [News] [Rival] Is Microsoft Secretly Low on Cash? (Reuters)

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 07 February 2008 10:48 : \____

> Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> John Locke wrote:

>>> That's an interesting thought. I'd think any bank would require some
>>> form of collateral other than revenue flow.
>>>
>>> A loan fault for that amout of money could destroy a financial
>>> institution.
>>
>> Bingo... I get a picture of msft dressed like a clown, with a big red nose,
>> going door to door trying to beg for money so they can buy that
>> big-bad-search-engine named yahoo... just because they need it...
>>
>> Yeah, right...
>>

> The only way I can see MS being able to fund this would be through a
> combination of small loans and some share-swap dealing.  The net result
> (Scott - revise what net means) will be that Yahoo disappears, and
> Microsoft acquire what cash they had, and the collapse continues.

The cash cow suffers not only because we see it in OOXML corruptions. I've just
thought about... well, a moment ago. The per-per-document and pay-as-you-go
experiments they do with Office around the world (poor countries) are signs of
pains even the the Cash Cow Division. Their only way to maintain market share
in those countries is copyrights infringement.  Alternatives to Office kill
their revenues there.

Also recent:

Raikes Steps Aside

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is shuffling its executive ranks, with today's surprise
| announcement that Jeff Raikes, president of the Business division, will leave
| the company. Uh-oh. He's not the only executive on the way out the door.
|
| Raikes departure will have huge impact on Microsoft as it completes its 2008
| fiscal year on June 30. His division is one of two responsible for nearly all
| Microsoft's profits.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/corporate/raikes_steps_aside.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/34mq2a

Read that last sentence again. And again.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Every beginning must start somewhere
Tasks: 125 total,   1 running, 124 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie