[News] Open Source Companies Join Forces and Expand

  • Subject: [News] Open Source Companies Join Forces and Expand
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 15:02:50 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Sun's open source experiment

,----[ Quote ]
| All of this leads to several conclusions. First, MySQL now has the backing of
| a major company, making it more attractive to enterprises. Second, we must
| hope that Sun handles MySQL with a light touch, as integrating it too tightly
| with the Java platform could damage its appeal. Third, this acquisition
| demonstrates not only the value of open source, but also the value of
| lightweight, agile software. If Sun preserves both characteristics, then this
| is a great deal for its customers.
`----

http://www.itweek.co.uk/itweek/comment/2208868/sun-open-source-experiment-3770782

Ingres and Pentaho Announce Strategic Technology Partnership to Address Growing
Demand for Open Source Business Intelligence Solutions

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/industries/technology/article/ingres-pentaho-announce-strategic-technology-partnership-address-growing_465212_12.html

Apatar Open Source Data Integration Announces Alliance with EnterpriseDB

http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/495875.htm

KnowledgeTree and Sybase SBS Sign Master Distributorship in Spain and Portugal

http://www.prweb.com/releases/document/management_software/prweb676283.htm

Openbravo Reflects on Successful 2007 and Looks Forward to Further Expansion in
2008

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080205005760&newsLang=en