Re: [News] Free Software Steretypes End With a Survey

Brock Alexander <brock@xxxxxxx> espoused:

>> Open source Aussies: Not poor, bearded loners
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> from
>> | the online study, which aimed to dispel the myth that open source
>> supporters
>> | are invariably bearded geeks, male and impoverished, company co-founder
>> Jeff
>> | Waugh said.
>> |
>> | "There are certain perceptions of the community that are somewhat
>> | inaccurate," he commented. The survey was sponsored by Fujitsu, IBM and
>> | NICTA.
>> |
>> | Facial hair growth wasn't captured by the questions, but the survey
>> still
>> | showed a gender imbalance with only seven percent of respondents being
>> | female. However, notions of poverty seem somewhat misplaced.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.builderau.com.au/news/soa/Open-source-Aussies-Not-poor-bearded-loners/0,339028227,339285610,00.htm
>>

> And the article also says: "The majority of participants predictably worked
> in IT, but only 10 percent were working on open source projects as a
> full-time paid task."
>
> Translation - Just like COLA, the people surveyed are a bunch of whining
> hypocrites who earn their money writing propreitary Windows software during
> the day.
>

> And quit cross-posting your SPAM CRAP to alt.os.windowsxp because we
> couldn't care less about this bullshit of yours.

Are Teranews aware of your activities here?  Consider this a formal
warning.  You are breaking the terms of the FAQ and the Charter of this
group.  Your posts are suited to a windows advocacy group, of which
there are several.