Re: [News] [Rival] Is Microsoft Secretly Low on Cash? (Reuters)

John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Exactly..Microsoft has never been able to get control of the internet
> like Google has. Google would like to port all of the application
> processing to their servers and are even talking "thin clients" in
> which case even the OS would be running from Google.
>
> If Google can succeed with their ported processing scenario, then it
> is likely the Microsoft with all their bloated, expensive software
> will be in a world of hurt.  This is getting interesting..for sure.

I've just had a contract come across my desk for a project moving
enterprise business software to web based thin client apps using
google technology (running on Linux of course).  Looks interesting
and I'm seriously tempted to take a break from the kernel stuff
and give it a go.  It would mean heading over to the west coast for
a couple months before heading back home to the midwest... such
is the life of a consultant.

Thad
all the ingredients on the label.