Re: Microsoft is ready to oust Yahoo! board to achieve swift takeover

____/ Linonut on Monday 04 February 2008 22:37 : \____

> * [H]omer peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:
>>> * Jerry McBride peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> It is Microsoft's first hostile takeover (in the technical sense, not
>>>  the emotive sense), though.
>>
>> Hostile takeovers, harvesting, assimilation, expansionism ... whatever;
>> it's the Vole's bizniz model. The fact that they're executing it even
>> more aggressively than usual, just proves how desperate they are to
>> diversify, before their cash-cows keel over and die of mad-cow disease.

Embrace the 'Microsoft religion'. Remember that it's perceived as a cult even
inside the company.

> I agree.  Google's got Ballmer soiling his pants.
>
> It is no longer just about sweat.

Some economists have a good understanding of Microsoft's /real/ financial
situation. Microsoft resorted to mafia culture against Linux and ODF and its
top exec described the move towards the Web as a "econmic life and death
situation" situation (that was about 4 months ago).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Roughly 2% of your keyboard is O/S-specific