Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Server 2008 is Vista, aka Windows MEv2

____/ Linonut on Tuesday 19 February 2008 13:31 : \____

>> There?s no Windows Server 2008 SP1 in the works. Here?s why
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Chalk that abnormality up to Microsoft?s ongoing attempt to more closely
>>| synchronize its Windows client and Windows server releases. Because Windows
>>| client and server are built from the same core and thus get patched with
>>| many of the same updates and fixes, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista
>>| SP1 are now "on par."
>> `----
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1193
>>
>> Same horrible DNA. This is a recipe for trouble, just as many have
>> anticipated. Wait n' Watch!
>
> Dunno about that, but it definitely seems like a stunt to avoid the
> "wait until SP1 syndrome" that afflicts Microsoft's operating system
> releases.

Yes, that's what I thought when I watched Mary's headline. But the DNA thing
may be more significant, as it indicates that you should brace yourself for
another Home Server (data corruption from the get-go) or another Vista (Ah!!
Where does one start??).

> Hopefully, the SP1 stuff /is/ an improvement, unlike Vista's SP1 stuff.

SP1 for Vista disappointed merely everyone whose site I watch, including some
of Microsoft's fan. It's a dud, it does almost nothing. Not to security, not
to speed, not to compatibility... bugs remain also. WTF??

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows: as good as Richard Stallman's dental higiene