Re: [News] Australia to Embrace Creative Commons, Lessig Might Enter Congress

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 19 February 2008 08:08 : \____

> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>>
>>> Lessig For Congress?
>>
>> Lessig for president!
>>
>> I can just see his task list...
>>
>> . Dissolve the RIAA
>> . Reassign copyrights to the artists, not the publishers
>> . Dissolve the MPAA and the AMPTP
>> . Liquidate Microsoft
>> . Imprison Gates and Ballmer
>> . Revoke software patents
>> . Make DRM illegal
>> . Pull out of Iraq
>> . Sign and ratify the Kyoto treaty
>> . Force the Gates Foundation to undertake ethical investments
>>
>> . Breakfast
>>
>> . Legislate against American companies using foreign slave labour
>> . Ban Intel from exploiting third world countries for profit
>> . Imprison Craig Barrett
>> . Scrap the H1-B visa system
>> . Mandate that all software used in public institutions must be FOSS
>> . Execute Dubya for terrorism and crimes against humanity
>> . Liquidate AT&T
>> . Verify that there really is gold in the Federal Reserve bank
>> . Shut down the Bilderberg Group
>> . Investigate pharmaceutical companies' unethical business practises
>>
>> . Lunch
>>
>> . Designate another $100 billion investment for green energy research
>> . Shut down Guantanamo Bay
>> . Liquidate News Corp.
>> . Imprison Rupert Murdoch
>> . Execute Bill O'Reilly by lethal injection of rat poison
>> . Ban the sale and use of tobacco everywhere
>> . Rescind the unapportioned Income Tax
>> . Revoke the Patriot Act
>> . Shut down the NSA
>> . Liquidate Wal-Mart
>>
>> . Go home
>>
>> . Watch the sun set over the Hellmouth, as it sucks all the evil back in
>> . Sleep ... peacefully
>>

> Not bad, but you forgot the oil companies' lobbying, the manipulation of
> "science" for political ends, the ownership of the US's broadcasting
> systems by special interest groups, the almost total lack of
> journalistic integrity, and the US's arms industry.  He'll have to do
> those on day 2 :-)

They'll set him up on a date with a sharpshooter after day 1, I'm sure.

Well done on that tobacco thing, H. I understand that you are/were a smoker,
maybe since they days they overdosed the nicotine and denied (as in global
warming denial) health implication. Watch the BBC Web site by the way. Resarch
on cellphones and cancer... I dumped cellphones in 2003. Good for me...

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Florida is bigger than England