Re: [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Claimed to Be the Best of FOSS

____/ Rick on Sunday 17 February 2008 14:42 : \____

http://www.geekmirror.com/2008/02/17/ubuntu-710-the-best-of-open-source-software/

>> Related:
>>
>> Ubuntu 7.10 - The Best Version.
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Even when  you're not  the follow-the-crowd type of Linux user,  who  can
>> | resist the plethora of new features  on this  new incarnation of Ubuntu
>> | 7.10 aka Gutsy Gibbon.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxseekers.com/content/view/203/1/
>
> While Ubuntu is a very solid distribution, I think its excellent
> marketing is the thing that has put it out front.

I've always thought it was the free CDs (and shipping) that gave it momentum.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows O/S: who ownZ you tod4y?
         run-level 2  2008-01-24 14:06                   last=