Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy

____/ RonB on Sunday 17 February 2008 01:25 : \____

> Derrick Curry wrote:
>
>> "Now, if only we had faced that guy behind the nym, we'd leave him with a
>> couple of black eyes and no penis, assuming he even has one."
>>

>> You're a fucking idiot Liarnut.
>
> Brilliant Junior High comeback! Where *do* you guys get this stuff. The
> language makes you seem almost grown up.

*Context* of that hurried and angry response: For over a month the trolls
repeatedly spread rumours that I had /castrated/ myself (a LIE!). They
posted 'on my behalf' (yes, under "Roy Schestowitz") not just in  COLA but in
many other forums too. They later linked to it as a bogus reference.

The quote above came (IIRC) after they aggravated John Bokma, who is a friend
of mine from other forums. He reports abuse to ISPs very systematically, which
is why I wrote "we" (in reference to discovering Gary Stewart's
identity/address). As for the "assuming he has one" part, this was said to
Gary. His sexual eccentricity's seems to indicate that there is a case of
projection there and for many years people have wondered about his gender. I
kid you not. See the archives of COLA.

All in all, the vile, disgusting, repellent words/imagery is intended to hurt
the credibility not only of messages and people, but also forums as a whole.
Does the word "cesspit" ring a bell?

Some people said that Microsoft did this to Slashdot where there were very many
abusive messages posted. Not just racist and homophobic material, but links to
gross images too. It drives visitors away and harms the message as a whole
(poisons the well). Slashdot's traffic took a dive not because of the editors,
who were hopeless.

Similar types of smear are regularly used to distract people from the message
of Richard Stallman. His opponents try to have people focused on his
appearance and associate him with certain political figures.

Anyway, I hope you get the point of this. I'll carry on posting what is
considered correct information. The trolls will carry on calling me a liar
every chance they get, but you should not listen to them. Judge for yourself
instead.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "My signature is never intended to be offensive"
         run-level 2  2008-01-24 14:06                   last=