Re: [News] [Rival] RIAA Wants All PCs to Become Vista-like DRM Prisons

On 2008-02-12, [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Verily I say unto thee, that Quantum Leaper spake thusly:
>> "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>>> As Doctor Who once commented about the Daleks, as they encountered
>>> a major obstacle in the form of a set of stairs ... well *that's*
>>> buggered their plans to conquer the universe.
>>>
>> That was what 3 Doctors ago at least
>
> To put this into perspective; the last time I watched Doctor Who, he was
> played by Tom Baker. And no, it wasn't a re-run, the episodes were new
> at the time.

You should check out the new series...  It's really pretty good :)

As for flying Daleks... It seems to me, that there was an episode when
John Pertwee (#3) was doctor - "Planet of the Daleks" if I recall correctly -
where he and his assistant ran up some stairs to escape a Dalek, and it
hovered up after them :)

It's been a while since I've watched the old episodes - I might need to
get them from Netflix for a refresher :)

--
Tom Shelton