Re: [News] [Rival] Yahoo Bid Caused Microsoft Trouble

____/ chrisv on Tuesday 12 February 2008 15:22 : \____

> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 07:45:49 -0600, chrisv wrote:
>>
>>> Erik is just showing us, again, what an illogical fsckwit he is.
>>>
>>> It's not like "Microsoft investors" invest only in Microsoft.  They
>>> have other investments, also.  If they the were *encouraged* by the
>>> proposed merger, they would *not* dump their M$ stock to buy Yahoo
>>> stock.  They would have *other* investments that they could sell, if
>>> they wanted to buy Yahoo stock.
>>
>>Your argument makes no sense.  Most investors want a diversified portfolio,
>>and not keep all their stock in one company.
>
> That's what I said, cretin.
>
>>Selling stock in other areas
>>to buy more stock in one area would be stupid.
>
> More stupid than selling (declining) M$ stock to buy (already
> expensive from the merger news) Yahoo stock?  Yeah, that makes a *lot*
> more sense.  Sheesh.
>
>>It increases your risk.
>
> Is it your claim that all investors have optimally distributed
> investments, so much so that moving things around will dramatically
> increase their risks?  Are they all entirely in Index Funds, afraid to
> make a move that might "increase risk", or do they accept that trying
> to beat the market involves some "risk"?
>
> Who do you think manages stock buying and selling, anyway?  Think
> mutual funds, with their $billions of holdings distributed across
> hundreds of companies.
>
> "Microsoft investors" are *quite* able to pick-up more Yahoo stock
> without dumping their M$ stock, you simpleton.  In general, the M$
> stock is a *tiny fraction* of their holdings.
>
>>But that's why you're not a millionaire stock trader, I guess.
>
> You again made an asshole of yourself, I guess.

Erik's claim is indeed very bizarre. Is he out of this world? If someone quits
MSFT, why buy YHOO, which Microsoft wants to grab? Just commission going to
waste...

If YHOO was a smart investment, the stock would keep going up (after the bid).
There are a million other things to invest in, but the Microsoft shills will
spin it any way possible and hope that we're stupid enough to believe it.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Real E-mail -> Harvest -> Fraud -> Spammers profit
Tasks: 120 total,   1 running, 119 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie