[News] [Rical] Trojans on Windows CE, Diebold F*%$ed

  • Subject: [News] [Rical] Trojans on Windows CE, Diebold F*%$ed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 05:10:54 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
InfoJack Trojan burrows into Windows CE machines

,----[ Quote ]
| Miscreants have created a Trojan capable of infecting mobile devices running
| Windows CE.
|
| The InfoJack Trojan spreads by either tricking mobile users into installing
| seemingly legitimate application installation files or if punters
| inadvertently use an infected memory card on vulnerable devices. The malware
| has been spotted circulating in China.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/27/infojack_trojan/

Diebold Accidentally Leaks Results Of 2008 Election Early

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/diebold_accidentally_leaks

Recent:

Microsoft cans key conference

,----[ Quote ]
| SOFTWARE giant Microsoft has decided that it does not love its popular Mobile
| and Embedded DevCon any more and has pulled the plug.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/01/16/microsoft-cans-key-conference

Related:

Why device developers prefer Debian

,----[ Quote ]
| In addition to Debian's 13 percent score, Ubuntu, which is based
| on Debian packages, jumped to 6 percent this year, its first year
| in our survey. In contrast, Red Hat, achieved a 5 percent score
| and Fedora came in at 6 percent, while SUSE scored just 2 percent.

Linux expected to be leading Smartphone OS market by 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| I just came across this research by Diffusion Group, which found
| that Linux is set to become the leading Smartphone OS by 2010.
`----

http://irfanhabib.wordpress.com/2006/12/10/linux-to-take-over-smartphone-os-market-by-2010/

FEATURE: Mobile Linux: Why it will become the dominant mobile OS

,----[ Quote ]
| I see the mobile Linux wave out in the ocean and am sounding the
| alarm--the mobile Linux tide is rising. Be prepared.
`----

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/feature-mobile-linux-why-it-will-become-the-dominant-mobile-os/2007-01-03

Diebold Can't Sell E-Voting Subsidiary

,----[ Quote ]
| Diebold fails to sell its electronic voting business, changes the
| subsidiary's name to Premier Election Solutions.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,136044-c,companynews/article.html

Diebold Voting Machines Vulnerable to Virus Attack

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.pcworld.com/printable/article/id,135461/printable.html#

,----[ Quote ]