FUDdingmuch at it again: TurboTax Suffers Microsoft Dilemma, Cheaper Software Beats It

http://www.forbes.com/2008/02/22/intuit-financial-software-markets-technology-cx-ra-0222markets25.html?partner=yahootix

>>> Earth to Roy.  Come in Roy.
>>>
>>> Intuit was losing sales to *OTHER PROPRIETARY TAX PRODUCTS*, not open
>>> source ones (of which there are none that I am aware of).
>>>
>>> Therefore your comment is not only disingenuous, it's outright
>>> dishonest.
>>
>> Where did he mention open source? I didn't cut a thing. See if you can
>> find Waldo.
>
> Roy was claiming that Intuit's losses were because the "proprietary
> software monopoly and legacy" is in a gradual demise, meaning of course
> that non-proprietary or open source is replacing it, but the article was
> about Intuit's sales dropping because other proprietary tax products are
> selling cheaper.

Which was exactly his subject line, if you had bothered to actually read
what you are replying to

--
Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice which can be equally well
explained by stupidity