[News] More GNU/Linux and Mozilla Advocacy

  • Subject: [News] More GNU/Linux and Mozilla Advocacy
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 08:21:36 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The penguin begins the march south

,----[ Quote ]
| There's a still nearly 11 months to go before the penguin sets up camp on the
| Apple Isle but the wheels are slowly being cranked into motion by the
| Tasmanian Linux Users Group as they prepare to host the 2009 Australian
| national Linux conference.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16860/1148/

Evangelist: Mozilla has "historic opportunity" to advocate for users

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently, Linux.com had the chance to ask Mozilla evangelist Chris Blizzard
| his thoughts about the past, present, and future of Mozilla, the force behind
| the successful Firefox browser and Thunderbird email application.
|
| [...]
|
| I've talked with most of the Linux distributions and it sounds like most of
| them will have separate XULRunner packages and will build Firefox on top of
| them. This means that if you're installing a modern Linux distribution you
| will be able to build on top of XULRunner as well.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/126952

Related:

Tassie govt goes virtual

,----[ Quote ]
| Tasmania's Department of Premier and Cabinet will procure a whole of
| government licence for server virtualization software to replace individual
| purchasing by each government department in the state.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=401329646&rid=-50

Cutting ice with the suits

,----[ Quote ]