[News] [Rival] Another Set of New Windows Vista Screwups, Windows Vista Brought to Court (Class Action)

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Another Set of New Windows Vista Screwups, Windows Vista Brought to Court (Class Action)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:57:27 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Vista SP1: The hits just keep coming

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft officials have maintained that the company had no plans to push SP1
| via Windows Update until Microsoft was able to resolve driver compatibility
| problems discovered during the SP1 beta-testing process.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1212

Microsoft 64-bit Vista SP1 early release snafu

,----[ Quoet ]
| Users of the 64-bit version of Vista may have noticed something strange over
| the last couple of days – a notification that Vista SP1 has downloaded to
| their computers and is ready for installation, despite availability still set
| for March 18. Has Microsoft gone mad?
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16809/1105/

With Windows chief developers (and marketing chief) leaving, this lack of
coordination seems expected.

Vista Capable suit gets class-action status

,----[ Quote ]
| Breaking news: A federal judge in Seattle this afternoon granted class-action
| status to a lawsuit alleging that Microsoft deceived consumers prior to
| Windows Vista's launch by touting PCs as "Windows Vista Capable" even if they
| could only run Windows Vista Home Basic. The suit alleges that Vista Home
| Basic isn't a real version of the operating system, because it lacks the
| operating system's signature features.
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/132520.asp?source=rss

Related:

Vista marketing chief to bid Microsoft adieu

,----[ Quote ]
| Michael Sievert, Corporate Vice President for Windows Product Marketing, is
| moving on, according to multiple sources of mine.
|
| It’s hard to make the case that Sievert, who was responsible for the
| worldwide introduction of Windows Vista, isn’t being pushed for the
| less-than-enthusiastic public perception of Microsoft’s latest version of
| Windows. Even though Microsoft has moved 100-million-plus copies of Vista,
| many consumers and businesses still consider the new release buggy, sluggish
| and incompatible with existing software and drivers.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1158

Lack of Internal Talks at Microsoft, Google

,----[ Quote ]
| Maybe my "Microsoft's Entertainment Domination" theory was a bit
| premature. Apparently, the Zune MP3 player isn't flying off shelves
|                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| and now it turns out that the Zune is incompatible with Microsoft'
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| latest Windows Vista operating system. Amazing how a disconnect like
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| this can occur within an organization. Software start-ups are taking
| advantage of the lowered development costs and the speedy development
| time -- and forcing large software organizations to speed up their
| own development cycles, but in the process, the large organizations
| are fumbling to communicate effectively amongst their departments.
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2006/11/15/lack-of-internal-talks-at-microsoft-google/

Error Message Of The Day: "Zune Failed"

,----[ Quote ]