Re: [News] Microsoft's Internet Buddy Busted for Killing Torrents

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 22 February 2008 13:57 : \____

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/19/bittorrent_developers_hit_back_at_comcast/

>>> I see it in the downloads also... I can't wait for FIOS...
>>
>> Slashdot has a new article/question about Comcast faking in attempts to
>> assess speeds. This might be a cover-up job.
>
> I'm sure they've been trying to cook-up some story on this one.

They were caught lying about it at one stage. It's more harmful that saying the
truth they are embarrassed of.

>> Honesty in telecoms is very low. It's a joint monopoly that is abused to
>> serve all sorts of agendas (mainly censorship, but it expands).

Steve Ballmer is even monkier than his moniker suggests
 18:20:01 up 29 days,  4:14,  3 users,  load average: 0.65, 0.56, 0.98