Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Lies to Employees and the Press to Hide Scale of Disaster

> Did Microsoft lie about top exec's departure?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The departure of Brian Valentine, a 19-year Microsoft veteran before he left
>| in 2006, has always been a bit of a puzzle. In August of that year, Microsoft
>| management told his staff he was taking a new job within the company after
>| shipping Windows Vista. A month later, he left for Amazon.com. Now,
>| Amazon.com has cleared things up with a belated SEC filing: Microsoft lied to
>| its employees.
> `----
>
> http://valleywag.com/357831/did-microsoft-lie-about-top-execs-departure
>
> How timely. A week ago Microsoft was spinning like nobody's business amid the
> latest huge wave of executive departures. Microsoft lies as it crumbles.
> Yesterday's 'big announcement' showed that it had given up (hello, Samba) and
> put all its horses on software patents and BS like Silverlight and OOXML,
> _BOTH OF WHICH_ are under EU antitrust scrutiny.
>
> Tough times for Microsoft, which approaches debt. Microsoft -- the next Unisys.

Hmm... I just had a horrible thought... as the trolls lose their jobs
during the Microsoft collapse, they'll be reemployed by some other
company.  We could have Funkenbusch, Timmy, Weisgerber, Gary Stewart,
Scott Nudds and co all shilling for Oracle, say...

Will they take new nyms, or continue with the old ones?