Re: [News] A One Laptop Per (American) Child Move in Sight

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 09 January 2008 20:04 : \____

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/010908-ces-olpc-america-to-launch.html?fsrc=rss-datacenter

> I think it'll be rather more popular than Mr Negroponte originally
> expected, but more importantly, it will start to get some media
> attention in the US, which will make it rather more difficult for
> companies like Intel and Microsoft to kill it.

What worries me is that doing anything which does not please the predatory
monopolies simply paints a target on on one's arse. Microsoft is not getting
cozy with OLPC just as Intel once did. They want to subvert the project to
suit their own agenda. It's a sick world I tell ya...

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: just set it and forget about it
 02:05:02 up 30 days, 14:53,  4 users,  load average: 1.40, 1.89, 2.19