Re: [OT] Feds Responds to Complains About Media Moguls Messing About with Packets

____/ Rex Ballard on Wednesday 09 January 2008 17:45 : \____

> The irony is that the push to get the carriers to offer "flat rate"
> service to all content sources, is actually a change from current
> tarrifs.  In order to provide flat-rate for flat-service, the prices
> charged for Internet Access may have to double, or even triple.

I'm aware of the shaping and the possible need for it particularly under
congestion, but Comcast targets specific /types/ of traffic with prejudice.
Also, at times it was reported that they block torrents altogether. What about
people who wish to distribute Linux ISOs?

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: just set it and forget about it
 02:05:02 up 30 days, 14:53,  4 users,  load average: 1.40, 1.89, 2.19