Re: Harsh Gentoo Reviewer Apologises

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Tom Shelton
<tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:19:57 -0800 (PST)
<b389f712-66ec-456c-9a38-3b7934eee402@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Jan 9, 4:25 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The Linux Project: Gentoo revisited
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | In conclusion, I humbly apologize to the Gentoo Linux community for giving
>> | you such a bad rap in previous articles. I was wrong. Gentoo is lots of fun,
>> | probably more fun than should be allowed. As Linux distributions go, it is
>> | surely not the worst. That would be Yoper.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.opednews.com/articles/life_a_pappy_080107_the_linux_projec...
>>

> Good for him...  Gentoo rocks!
>
> --
> Tom Shelton

Well, I've switched from Debian to Gentoo long ago
(my Debian got entangled in some sort of dependency
snarl some years back), and while it's quirky, annoying
in spots when the upstream donor does a major change
(the X switchover gave me headaches for awhile, and
rosegarden/jackd/fluidsynth is still rather, well, fluid
about generating audio), and runs into an occasional build
problem, I've had no real show stoppers thus far.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #1123133:
void f(FILE * fptr, char *p) { fgets(p, sizeof(p), fptr); }