Re: [News] OLPC's Founding CTO Eyes $50-75 Laptop; Intel's Ugly Past Returns

> Interview with OLPC's Founding CTO Mary Lou Jepsen, by Sean Daly
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| I'm starting a company to go lower -- I think that we need a $50-75 laptop in
>| the next 2-3 years.
>|
>| Also: Touch should not be as expensive as it is, it should be in incremental
>| cost to the price of the display and embedded into the TFT matrix, or the LED
>| light bar itself, and in every layer of the software stack so that it can be
>| used and accessed easily and transparently.
> `----
>
> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20080107182525297

This is inevitable, although I wonder if a move to ARM rather than x86
might be necessary in order to get the power requirements down further?
Also, wifi is not fantastic in power consumption, either.

Even so, it's the proper direction.