Re: [News] America-style DMCA in the United Kingdom?

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 09 January 2008 09:17 : \____

> Darth Chaos <darthchaosofrspw@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> No coincidence that this announcement comes at exactly the same time as
>>> the "anti-hacking tools" proposal. Clue: they're both part of the same
>>> agenda. How long before the misconception that "supplying a PC without
>>> Windows is illegal" becomes fact?
>>>
>>> Add MSLabour to the list, under MSBBC.
>>>

>> IIRC, wasn't there talk about the BBC considering re-vamping the BBC TV
>> licence fee (which is required only if you receive TV signals) into a
>> BBC PC licence fee (which would require payment of the fee for mere
>> ownership of a computer)?
>
> That was some time ago, although I don't know what happened to it.  As
> the BBC's licence-fees are now mainly being used to line the pockets of
> Siemens, Microsoft and others, it's really time to abandon the whole
> thing.  I'd like to see just how much licence-fee cash becomes profit
> for commercial entities.
>
> In the meantime, DRM circumvention "not okay" is utterly unpolicable,
> and about as sensible as an ID card.  Obviously, the government is being
> massaged (again) by foreign commercial interests, as those of the people
> are clearly not important to this labour government.
>
> I wonder how many expensive dinners were involved in getting this
> abysmal proposal to this stage?

More importantly, when or where is the next Bilderberg gathering? This is a
disgusting state of affair that shows you just why you cannot separate
technology from politics.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Real E-mail -> Harvest -> Fraud -> Spammers profit
Cpu(s): 25.0%us,  4.1%sy,  1.0%ni, 65.8%id,  3.7%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st